Hi! I’m Lise Galipeau. My husband and I took our first cruise in 1992 on the old Noordam (replaced by the new Noordam) for 10 days in the Caribbean and never looked back…we were hooked!
Now with over 40 cruises under my belt, I decided I would share everything I know about cruising, especially in the Caribbean.
I’m French Canadian and live in a small town of 5,000 about 50 minutes West of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
I am married and have grown-up daughter and a new grandchild. My husband and I live with 2 dogs!
Who am I in a nutshell
- I had my first and only child at 42
- I was a travel agent for 13 years
- I spent my 50th birthday on a luxury train in Alaska
- I took hip hop classes for 3 years at age 52 and was on stage in a show and on TV
- I taught myself website design at 52 and been designing for others for years now
- I visited the Galapagos, which was on my ‘bucket list’
- I walked with penguins in South America, which was also on my ‘bucket list’
- I hate cooking with a passion but I love to watch cooking competitions on TV
- I am so NOT girlie
- I love the internet
- I’m really bad at maths
- Most days, you’ll find me at my computer in my p.j.’s, all day and I love it
- I love watching TV series, like NCIS, Grey’s Anatomy, Survivor, Big Brother
- I don’t like cities and love the country
- My head is not suitable for wearing a hat!
About Caribbean Cruise Tips
We love to go on cruises and been on over 40!
We’ve done mostly the Caribbean but also Alaska, Panama Canal, Mexican Coast, Europe, Hawaii, Norway, Galapagos, around South-America and crossed the Atlantic.
We have been on Carnival, NCL, Holland America, Costa, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruise lines. But now we mostly cruise with Princess and have attained the Elite status on their fidelity program.
When I decided to declutter my life in 2018, I needed to let go of web design. The stress was getting to me.
But I love having a site and since I know a thing or two about cruises, Caribbean Cruise Tips was born!
The main focus of this site is about cruising the Caribbean, the islands, the activities. Once in a while, I might write about my experiences on other cruises we took around the world.
Years ago, we’ve also been on ‘land’ vacations in Thailand, Egypt, Israel, Switzerland, Hong Kong, China . . .we do love to travel.
Have questions or want to say hi, I’d love to hear from you. Get in touch here